Saturday, June 21, 2008

Podolski weighing up options

Lukas Podolski accepts that he may have to leave Bayern Munich to get regular first-team football.

The Germany international, who has three goals at Euro 2008, is under contract at Allianz Arena until 2010 but has become increasingly frustrated at being forced to play back-up to Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni.

He has been linked with a host of clubs since the Bundesliga season came to a close, with Stuttgart, Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham all believed to have expressed an interest.

The 23-year-old admits that he will consider his options over the summer, but insists that, for now, he remains fully focused on helping his country claim European Championship glory.

Future

"The Euros are the only thing that counts for me at the moment," Podolski told Bild.

"I will start thinking about other things when they are over.
"If I don't see the chance of playing for Bayern under Jurgen Klinsmann then I will have to consider my future.

"I am not a footballer who is prepared to just sit on the bench."

No comments:

Post a Comment