Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Time For Young Brazilian


DENILSON is a Gunners midfielder happy to buck the outgoing trend by committing his future to the club and winning trophies for Arsenal this season.

The Brazilian admits this is a big year for him, and no wonder. Fresh opportunities are presenting themselves almost daily, with the departures of midfield trio Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan), Alexander Hleb (Barcelona) and Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos).

Denilson, 20, rejected a chance to join the high-profile exits, instead aiming to make a sustained first-team impact in his third season at The Emirates.

“I’m just focused on Arsenal, but I know some other clubs were looking at me,” said Denilson. “Last year I heard Barcelona wanted to buy me, but I really like it at Arsenal.

“For me this is the best team, it’s where I want to be. I want to show what I can do for Arsenal.

Denilson made 23 appearances last term, but just four Premier League starts. However, after 42 outings since his £3.4million signing from Sao Paulo in August 2006, he feels now is his time.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Denilson, if you score goals like the wonder goal against Newcastle in the CarlingCup we'll all be happy. Not sure if he's defensive enough though to be put alongside Fabregas. Quality midfielder and CB needed to strengthen the squad, I want to see more of Song next season too, he's good on the ball, excitng going forward and can defend well, no reason why we shouldn't see him more in midfield.

    ReplyDelete