Thursday, July 17, 2008

UnNoticed Striker Dismissed Gunners Link. He Need Some Time...

Obefami Martins has denied his linking to Arsenal during this Transfer Window and insists he would going nowhere.The striker might be too happy at Newcastle strongly dismissed the speculation.

The Nigerian has impressed in the Premier League since arriving at St James' Park from Inter Milan in 2006.

His performances have not gone unnoticed and there has been talk of him joining one of the Premier League's top four clubs this summer.

Martins has been touted as a possible replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor if the Togolese striker leaves the Emirates Stadium.

However, he is not paying attention to the speculation and insists he is ready to stay at Newcastle for the duration of his contract.

"It is good to know where I am going to be because I am still a Newcastle player and I really want to play for Newcastle," Martins told Sky Sports News.

"I really love the fans as well and I have three years contract so for now I really don't know what is going on.

"There is talk about Arsenal, which is a good thing because they play in the UEFA Champions League, but for now I am a Newcastle player and I will stay here for three years.

"I am happy, very happy."

Asked if he would be interested in a move to Arsenal, Martins again underlined that he wanted to remain in the North East for as long as Newcastle were happy with him.

Martins was encouraged by the way Newcastle finished last season and believes they could challenge for a Uefa Cup spot this term.

He explained: "It is up to Newcastle. I still have three more years left and I really want to play for Newcastle. I want to my best to help them into Europe."

Maybe he needs time to think or he's just don't want to clarify his interest towards Gunners. He would love to go to Emirates Stadium but his current situation denied him from doing that. Soo Magpies is just the only destination he might be think of...

No comments:

Post a Comment