Monday, August 4, 2008

Adebayor keen to win over fans & Eduardo getting well

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor is determined to win over any remaining doubters in the Emirates crowd after pledging himself to the club.

He insists he is as committed as ever to Arsene Wenger's side but admits that the rumours have not helped his relationship with the fans.

While he has been cheered by the majority of the club's supporters in the ongoing Emirates Cup, there have been some dissenting voices. Now Adebayor intends to win them over.

'I'm very happy. As a footballer a lot of clubs will look for you but this club is one of the biggest in the world, there are lots of young players and I have a big chance to have a good career at this club,' he told Sky Sports.

'When there is a lot of speculation they (the fans) believe what they read in the newspapers. The most important thing is to keep on enjoying your football.

'Some of the fans will love you and some will hate you but I'm in a good position and most fans love me. For me, what happened this summer is over.

'You have to come on the pitch, enjoy your football and show them you have desire to play for their team.

'Today I am where I am because they gave me a lot of chances.'


Another Arsenal forward, Croatian striker Eduardo, earned an unequivocal ovation from the crowd when he was paraded ahead of tonight's glamour tie against Real Madrid.

He has not played since suffering a sickening leg break against Birmingham last season but is already targeting a first-team return before the end of the year.

He said: 'I was in Brazil for my rehabilitation and for four months I have worked hard every day for six or seven hours.

'For me it is hard because I like playing and five, six, seven or eight months without playing is very hard for a player.'

Asked when he would be match-fit, he said: 'I would like to play tomorrow but I don't know. Before Christmas maybe.'

No comments:

Post a Comment