Monday, October 20, 2008

Fabregas Denied Contract Breakdown

Cesc Fabregas on Sunday dismissed media reports that he turned down a contract worth 90,000 pounds (116,000 euros) a week at Arsenal as nothing more than "mischief-making".

The 21-year-old reacted to a News of the World article which linked him with a move to Real Madrid and Barcelona, saying the reports were unfounded.

"A newspaper report suggesting that I have rejected a new contract is untrue," the Spaniard told the club's website.

Fabregas, who was shortlisted for the European Player of the Year award on Sunday, added that he was happy to stay in London.

"The article is just mischief-making. Everybody knows I have a long-term contract and that I am happy here. I'm focussed on doing my best for Arsenal."

No comments:

Post a Comment