Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Micah Richards Denied Gunners Move

Manchester City defender Micah Richard has rejected reports he is on the verge of a move to Arsenal.

Reports suggested the England defender could quit Eastlands because of the uncertainty surrounding the players' future following the takeover.

Richards, a boyhood Arsenal fan, has struggled for form this season but Arsenal are believed to be interested in the 20-year-old.

'To be linked with a club like Arsenal is great, and Arsene Wenger is a top manager who has brought through some of the best players in the world,' he told Goal.com.

'However, as I said earlier this week, I'm happy at City and think it's the place to be - we're all excited for the future.

'It's not been easy this season, but I believe that I will develop as a player here and improve, particularly as I'm young and still learning.'

Monday, January 26, 2009

Arshavin Arsenal Arshavin

Arsenal are closing in on Andrei Arshavin and could complete the transfer later today.

Zenit St Petersburg general director Maxim Mitrofanov spent Sunday in talks with the Premier League club, reports the Daily Mail.

And the Russians have indicated the two clubs are finally close to agreeing a fee for the 27-year-old striker.

Arsenal have been reluctant to increase their £12million bid while Zenit had hoped to raise £20m, but that is now a non-starter.

Instead, the deal could rise to around £15m, dependent on appearances.

Arsenal are understood to have set today as a deadline for any deal.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Andrei Arshavin: Desperate for a move

Andrei Arshavin could exercise a FIFA rule which would allow him to buy out the remainder of his Zenit St Petersburg contract unless a deal to sell him is agreed during the January transfer window, according to his agent.

Arsenal's attempts to sign Arshavin appear to have stalled with the Gunners reportedly refusing to meet Zenit's £18 million valuation of the Russian playmaker.

With Arsene Wenger thought to be unprepared to offer more than £12 million for the 27-year-old, Arshavin is prepared to consider an alternative means of securing a move.

''Unfortunately in this matter there is no movement,'' Arshavin's agent Dennis Lachter told the Russian press. ''The sticking point is, of course, money and rather the totally unacceptable amount of Zenit's demands for Andrei.

''The position of the club remains unchanged and that is the reality that we have faced for a long time. If the situation remains unchanged we will use Article 17 of the FIFA rules and buy-out the contract of Andrei at the club, which could happen as early as November this year,'' said Lacher.

Article 17 allows a player to break his contract after the expiry of a ''protected period'', usually after three years of a deal if the player was under 28 when he signed, or after two years if the player signed when 28 or over.

In order to exercise this right the player must pay compensation to his club using a formula based on wages and their original transfer fee, essentially allowing the player to buy out his contract and move to another for free.

''In that situation, Zenit would have to be satisfied with a much smaller amount than they are offered by representatives of Arsenal. If Andrei becomes a free agent, he will get many proposals, from England, Italy and Spain,'' said Lacher.

Zenit's general director Maxim Mitrofanov said: ''The situation has not changed since Friday, which means Arsenal would like to pay only £12 million, not one cent more. And we, at Zenit, are ready to discuss with them about maybe a better offer from our side.

''We are ready to make a step forward to them, but they should do the same. However, I have told the people from Arsenal we are ready to discuss a lot of things to make the situation easier for them.

''They have a deadline, as I understand, until 26th January, because after that, they should have some time to get another player and I respect this position.''

Arshavin established himself as one of European football's hottest properties after some eye-catching performances at last summer's EURO 2008 tournament which attracted interest from Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City, Inter Milan and Arsenal.

Some observers expected Man City to renew their interest following their failure to land Kaka earlier this week, but so far Arsenal remain the only club in talks with Zenit over a possible move.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Advocaat : Arshavin deal will happen

Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin is close to a move to Arsenal, according to Zenit St Petersburg coach Dick Advocaat.

Advocaat believes his player could move soon despite the lack of public developments in the long-running saga.

"Negotiations with Arsenal continue and the chances are very high that Arshavin will soon play in the English Premier League," the Dutchman told The Daily Mail.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, meanwhile, insists he has no concerns over AC Milan trying to target Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie if they sell Kaka to Manchester City.

"No, I'm not worried about that at all," was Wenger's response.

Deposed Arsenal skipper William Gallas has suggested he will run down his current contract with the club.

Gallas, quoted on Setanta, said: "There is no tension. I play. I give the maximum for the club.

"I am concentrating on my future, finishing my contract with Arsenal and seeing where I'll go in two years."

Monday, January 12, 2009

Gunners Gunning for 28-years-old Midfielder

ARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger is to step up his bid to sign Boca Juniors hardman Sebastian Battaglia.

The £4million-rated Argentine midfield ace, 28, voted Boca’s best player in a poll, is a ball winner and just the man to perk up the Gunners midfield.

His agent confirmed interest from a London club, plus two from Italy.

He is too old right? Why not we just use Ramsey for the DM position.He showed more convincing movement rather than Denilson and Diaby.Is buying Battaglia worth and would giving impact to the Arsenal midfield?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Arsenal Link With Classy West Ham Boy

Arsene Wenger has contacted West Ham regarding the availability of Scott Parker. The midfielder has been linked with a £12 million move to Manchester City and Tottenham following West Ham's financial crisis.

However Wenger has earmarked Parker as the perfect acquisition being both value for money and eligible for the Champions League, while also possesing valuable experience in the Premier League and Europe for Chelsea.

Arsene Wenger moved for Parker when he was at Charlton however Chelsea outbid the Gunners to secure the England international's signature. The Arsenal boss could even launch a two pronged attack on the Hammers by also bidding for former stopper Mathew Upson.

Speculation has been growing in the press for months regarding the future of Mathew Upson, with Arsene Wenger admitting he never wanted to sell the centre half.

Wenger said before Arsenal's game at Upton Park: "He is one of the players that I would have loved to hang on to,"

"If you take the players in the Premier League who have been educated here there are plenty of them. Steve Sidwell, David Bentley, Fabrice Muamba, Matthew Upson... but at some stage if you don’t play them you have to let them go.'

"What is important is that they make a career. Upson has made a fantastic career and I knew he was at the age where I had to give it to him or let him go.'

"I felt he had, for a very tall guy, quick feet, good pace, a good left foot, a good long ball and he was good in the air. For a centre back that is not bad. He was good on the ball and that is why I am not surprised he has made a good career."

Monday, January 5, 2009

Stephen Ireland Exchange With Kolo Toure??

ARSENE WENGER has made Manchester City star Stephen Ireland his main transfer window target.

The Gunners boss has virtually accepted defeat in his bid to sign Everton’s Mikel Arteta and has turned his attention to in-form Ireland.

Wenger raised his interest in the City midfielder when Eastlands boss Mark Hughes made an inquiry for Arsenal’s Kolo Toure.

The Arsenal boss was given no encouragement that Ireland would be made available. But he could use Toure as bait in a player plus cash exchange bid to tempt City to sell.

Meanwhile Wenger has backed Sir Alex Ferguson in his claim the Premier League fixtures are UNFAIR.

United have played nine away games and Arsenal eight. Wenger said: “Liverpool have played at home eight times and Chelsea six. It is unfair. For once, I agree with Sir Alex!”

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Arsenal Add Park Ji-Sung To Their Trasfer Wishlist

Arsenal Football Club are plotting a shock move for Park Ji-sung.

The South Korean international is out of contract at the end of next season, and he admits so far he has heard little from Manchester United about a fresh deal to remain at Old Trafford.

“I only have one more year left on my contract and there has been no contact about a new deal yet,” he said in the News of the World. “I want to stay here, but we’ll have to wait and see.

“I’m not letting myself become too worried. I just want to concentrate on playing well and, hopefully, we’ll talk. If I play well and show that I’m an asset to the team then maybe I’ll get a new contract.”

It has been suggested in his homeland that Park is a shock target for Gunners manager Arsene Wenger, who is looking to add to his midfield options and is willing to pay £3.5million for the 27-year-old.

But,I don't believe with this rumours. It will not happen. Just post it for the evening entertainment...=D

Friday, January 2, 2009

Arshavin Confirmed Move To Arsenal

Russia hotshot Andrei Arshavin will be an Arsenal player in the coming days, according to his agent Dennis Lachter.

Italian daily TuttoMercato says 27-year-old Arshavin will sign a 5-year deal at the Emirates with Zenit pocketing £18m from the transfer fee.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who is a known admirer of the highly-rated star, beat off competition from Premier League rivals Tottenham and Liverpool.

Arshavin’s representitive Dennis Lachter commented on the transfer, saying:

“Andrei is rated by Wenger who wanted him to sign [for Arsenal] last summer. This transfer would please everyone but we must wait a few days for confirmation.”

French tactician Wenger refused to say whether or not Arshavin could be an Arsenal player earlier last week, but replied with a cheeky smile - typical of the coy Alsatian.

Boro Set to Launch £3M Bid For Young Gunners

According to reports on Teeside ... and North London ... Middlesbrough are set to launch a £3 million bid for Arsenal fullback Armand Traore.

Armand Traore is hardly in the picture at Arsenal, and is currently on loan at Portsmouth, so Arsene Wenger could be open to offers.

The defender has made 22 appearances for Pompey this season, and that is more than he has played for the Gunners in his Arsenal career.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate has made the Frenchman a target, but many suspect he may have to sell to fund any deal.

Will Wenger Leave Arsenal?

According to The Mirror, Real Madrid have offered Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger €26 million to become their head coach next summer.

Juande Ramos, who was sacked by Tottenham Hotspur in October, is currently in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu, but his contract lasts only until the end of the season.

Thus, unless the former Sevilla boss turns around the Merengues’ domestic form in remarkable fashion, or leads them to a 10th European Cup triumph, a new gaffer will be required. And who better to take the reins in Spain than a man who has been approached for the job three times in the past?

Usually, this rumor would be a non-starter due to the fact Wenger has never broken a contract and has more than two years remaining on his current deal at Ashburton Grove. But the Frenchman’s position is under close scrutiny for perhaps the first time since he succeeded caretaker Pat Rice following Bruce Rioch’s departure in 1996.

At the halfway point of the season, Arsenal are all but out of contention for the Premier League title. They sit fifth in the standings, 10 points behind leaders Liverpool.

Furthermore, Wenger’s reluctance to delve into the transfer market for experienced, top-drawer talent has left sections of the club’s fans fuming – especially after the departures of Gilberto Silva, Mathieu Flamini, Lassana Diarra and Aleksandr Hleb in recent times.

Combine all that with the behind-the-scenes unrest which is rocking the Emirates at the moment, and The Professor may well decide to pull up anchor and sail off on an Iberian adventure.

Wenger is Arsenal’s most successful manager, having collected three Premier League crowns and four FA Cups during his 12-year tenure.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Arsenal Lead The Race of Young Striker

Arsenal, Everton and Manchester City are battling it out to sign St Etienne striker Bafetimbi Gomis for £9.5m. Gomis, 23, has been told he can leave in January and is desperate to show he can compete against the best defenders in England. Arsene Wenger knows a great deal about the prolific forward and is keen to add more firepower to his squad.

David Moyes and Mark Hughes are also tracking the progress of the prolific forward who was chosen ahead of David Trezeguet in the France squad for Euro 2008 last summer.

St Etienne chairman Bernard Caiazzo admits the club are keeping all their options open when the transfer window re-opens.

Caiazzo said: "A number of clubs have shown interest and got in touch with us, but nothing has been decided."

AC Milan Ready to Bid Gunners' Ex-Skipper

Italian giants AC Milan are offering bad boy William Gallas a £4million escape route out of his Arsenal hell.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger would be ready to offload him this month - as long as he can get a replacement.

Juventus are also on standby but AC Milan have come in because they are desperate for a new defender as veteran centre-half Alessandro Nesta has been plagued by injuries this season.

Gallas is aware of the Italian interest and has admitted he nearly joined AC Milan in the past and playing in Serie A appeals to him.

It has left Wenger with a major dilemma over the 31-year-old who is still being given the cold shoulder over his outspoken attack on his team-mates this season which has torn the dressing room apart.

Wenger has publicly insisted Gallas still has a future at the club despite stripping him of the captaincy following his outburst.

But privately he has never forgiven him and has rarely spoken to him in the past six weeks apart from giving him instructions with the rest of the team.