Thursday, August 5, 2010

Laurent Koscielny Can't Wait For Premier League Debut

New Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny is itching to make his first appearance in the Premier League later this month.

The Frenchman, acquired from French side Lorient for £8.5 million this summer, formed an impressive partnership with Thomas Vermaelen in Saturday’s 1-1 draw against AC Milan in the Emirates Cup.

Koscielny also made a late appearance in the 3-2 victory over Celtic that helped the Gunners win the Emirates Cup.

Despite the triumph in the pre-season competition, Koscielny admitted that it is nothing compared to what his Premier League debut will feel like.

"In France I watched the Premier League a lot,” Koscielny told The Sun.

“It is a very physical league, with a fast and intense pace. I used to follow the big four of English football — Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

"I love the atmosphere here with the supporters. Even when you lose, the supporters are always behind you to lift you and take you to a higher level."

4 comments:

  1. Laurent will surely be impressive on his first season, he is a good center back, he needs a bit of build up on his corpulence and he will get it during the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again,

    I made that up for you, if interested indeed.

    http://i37.tinypic.com/vdd5wo.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey footynews, thanks for the wonderful header. by the way, my site's name is HidupMatiArsenal not HideupMatiArsenal ;)so for the time being I cannot use it as my header. I'm appreciate if you can repair it and I will credit you for the new header.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. arf, didn't save the original, however I have changed it a bit, hope you like it, if not wait until saturday, I will make it as it was with correct nameon ;)

    http://i36.tinypic.com/bfkj1s.jpg

    ReplyDelete