Friday, August 13, 2010

Theo Walcott : It's a Massive Season for Me

Arsenal and England winger Theo Walcott acknowledged that he is set to begin a "massive season" in his career this term.

The 21-year-old was called up to the Three Lions for their friendly with Hungary on Wednesday, coming into a new-look England team after being left off of the World Cup roster by Fabio Capello.

Walcott has a disappointing season with the Gunners last year, one that was hampered by injuries and ended in not making the trip to South Africa this summer.

However, with last season now behind him, Walcott intends to show the world his quality this term.

"It is a massive season for me," Walcott told Press Association Sport.

"After the disappointment of the summer, I know what I have to do.

"When something doesn't go well for you, just forget about it and move on to the next one. That is what I will do this season.

"I need to play as many games as I can for Arsenal, week-in week-out and show everyone what I can do.

"I am 21 now and it is time for me to push on. I am looking forward to the next step."

Injuries have been a big concern for Walcott during his career, but the speedy winger insists that he is concentrating on his football after enjoying a good pre-season.

"A lot of people haven't seen me play throughout a whole season.

"In previous seasons I have put a lot of pressure on myself saying 'I don't want to get injured' and things like that.

"I have just had a very good pre-season, I am happy to be back playing football now and I want to show everybody what I can do this season.

"This season I am just going to go and enjoy it, express myself and show everybody what I can do."

1 comment:

  1. ...run faster than everyone?

    ReplyDelete